SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO CURRENT AAPS MEMBERS TO ATTEND CALIFORNIA PRESERVATION FOUNDATION MEETING IN OAKLAND MAY 3rd-May 5th
2 scholarships are available to current AAPS members who will write up sessions they
attend on Thursday, May 3rd for 1 of the following:
- Is Newer Better? Using Substitute Materials in Historic Preservation Projects from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Successful Rehabilitation Tax Credit Applications: Advice and Examples – from 1:30-5:00 p.m.
1 scholarship available for all day Friday May 4th to a current AAPS member who will write up sessions attended which must include:
A. Beginner Preservationist:
- Preservation 101 from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Cultural and Ethnic Significance from 2:00-3:30 p.m.
B. Advanced Preservationist – 1 of the following:
- Tool Shed: Virtual Building Blocks for Historic Preservation from 3:45-5:15 p.m.
- Pruning a Hospital to Grow Apartments at the Presidio from 3:45-5:15 p.m.
- Transforming Big Industrial Buildings for 21st Century Uses – 3:45-5:15 p.m.
1 Scholarship available to attend evening event:
- Three Minute Success Stories from 8:00-10:30 p.m.
2 scholarships for all day Saturday, May 5th to a current AAPS member who will write up
sessions attended which must include:
- New Tools in the Shed: Form Based Codes and Community Character from 10:45-12:15 p.m.
- What’s Next for Redevelopment Agencies in CA from 10:45-12:15 p.m.
- Mixed Uses Fabricated for Industrial Sites from 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Learning from Viagra: Affecting the Supply and Demand Cycle in Favor of Reuse from 3:45-5:15 p.m.
- Evaluating Contemporary Additions from 3:45-5:15 p.m.
2 scholarships to current AAPS members who will write up Saturday Mobile Sessions they attend. Mobile Sessions available for scholarship are:
- Affordable Housing: Successfully Combining HPTC and LIHTC from 9:00-12:15 p.m.
- Industrial Waterfront Parks: Turning Grit into Green from 9:00-12:15 a.m.
- Water and Wood as Frenemies from 9:00-12:15 a.m.
Download the application form below and submit by March 16 for priority consideration.
AAPS Scholarship Application Form